By Philippe Bouchard, P. Eng., NAFI-CFEI, CVFI
From morning to night, we are surrounded by mechanical systems. From industrial, commercial, and residential machinery to vehicles of all kinds, mechanical systems have been a part of our daily lives for a very, very long time.
Mechanical equipment that fails without warning or deteriorates prematurely can result in significant financial loss, material damage, and serious or even life threatening bodily harm. At Origin, we can help you determine why a piece of equipment failed or caught fire, no matter how complex the system. For motorized equipment, this includes:
- Cars, trucks, ATVs, recreational vehicles, snowmobiles, and sea doos
- Logging equipment (fellers, skidders, forwarders)
- Farming equipment (combines, tractors, hay balers, grain dryers)
- Heavy machinery (loaders, backhoes, excavators, forklifts, cranes, telehandlers)
- Railroad equipment
- Autonomous equipment (log splitter, etc.)
Our team also analyzes component failures in building systems and other types of everyday mechanical systems, including:
- Fire suppression systems (sprinklers, etc.)
- Plumbing system pipes
- Heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment
- Sanitary equipment (toilets, faucets, pipes and fittings, water heaters)
Our experts can also provide assistance for industrial systems:
- Thermal equipment (heat exchangers, coolers, etc.)
- Hydraulics and pneumatics
- Factory production equipment
The mechanical engineering team at Origin has extensive experience investigating the circumstances surrounding failures and other exceptional situations involving industrial systems. There are many potential causes for failures, including faults in design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and/or use. We will help you understand the most complex possibilities. Our experts will examine the equipment and components and analyze the circumstances surrounding the failure to establish the factors involved.
If someone was hurt, an analysis of the user instructions is often the best way to determine whether the manufacturer failed to provide adequate instructions and warnings. When you choose Origin, you get a full, detailed report, with an analysis of every hypothesis.
Get our seasoned mechanical engineering experts working on your side for the investigation and evaluation of defective products. If they need to, they can run tests to reproduce the conditions that led to the failure. Their experience in industrial settings helps guarantee that every project is properly and efficiently handled and that you get the help and expert advice you need for your investigation, at every step.
Our team of mechanical engineers in Montreal:
- Philippe Bouchard, P. Eng., NAFI-CFEI, CVFI
- Martin Morissette, P. Eng., NAFI-CFEI, CVFI
Our team of mechanical engineers in Québec City:
- René Chamberland, P. Eng., NAFI-CFEI, CVFI
- Christian Giguère, P. Eng., NAFI-CFEI, CVFI